Monday 1 April 2019

Autumn Arrives

Well, it's finally cooling down here in Australia - and it came with a bang and not a whimper! One day it was stinking hot, the next there was a cold enough night for us to pull out our duvets and put on our Winter pajamas. 

Yeah, it was that fast... it showed up that quickly that it's also begun snowing in the Australian Alps too!

This has gotten me to really look into the garden faster than I normally would. Today, I mowed the lawn; before it rains tomorrow, and then I hacked back the Mock Orange too. It only flourished twice this year due to us not really having any storm season - which is unfortunate, because we didn't get much rain over Summer. 

I'm looking forward to getting in and fixing up and maintaining the garden this Winter while I save up for something else I really want which isn't for the garden... yep, it's gonna be a fun thing for me.

Anyway, I've got flowers popping open in the greenhouse, there's new Oregano and Thyme and I've clipped back a few plants to stop them taking over sun space from others underneath them. This will help them kick forward next Summer.

I'm going to repot some of the ones I've clipped back into bigger pots I've got laying around the place and start the others into the ones which are left from those I've repotted (does that make sense? I hope so!). 

Well, that's my Winter. It's all maintenance around the garden, seeing my garden got the much-needed facelift last year. and I'm really looking forward to it too! Until my next post, happy gardening!

No comments:

Post a Comment