Monday 18 March 2019

Late Rains

Over the weekend, we had a line of storms hit South-East Queensland; and they went all the way down to Sydney as well. And just as well! 

We really needed it! 

But it really started up on Thursday afternoon. Man, that was a stinker of a day, and it was also right in the middle of the World's Greatest Shave - and the day I got my head shaved and I donated my hair; which really helped me to deal with the heat.

However, over the weekend, the rain cooled things down, and greened up the yard. We had over 100mm of rain and I got in and replaced the herbs in my greenhouse; as they'd all gone to seed. No matter how much I pruned them back, they kept on flowering. And I didn't have any other pots big enough for them to transfer them to.

Anyway, it's been great to listen to the storms grumbling overhead and the rain pouring onto our roofs - and about time too! I really have been wondering how we were going to get through our Winter if it was going to be a dry one. But the news reports have said that we have scored ourselves a month's worth of rain in the past few days; which is a good thing - but can be a bad thing - because it can cause flash flooding in parts.

So, how is your garden going? Has it taken up all the lovely rains? Or hasn't the rain reached you yet? Until my next post, happy gardening!

No comments:

Post a Comment