Sunday 5 August 2018

Leveling Out

Well, it's the last month of the garden facelift and I'm so happy with what has happened in my back yard so far. 

1. The unwanted plants were pulled out and tossed - after I offered them to family and friends.

2. The shade area was sorted out; and I found plants I thought had died were still hiding out and alive! 

3. I bought a greenhouse from Bunnings and built it and started growing herbs and tomatoes again!

4. When my folks were at my place to help me out with building the greenhouse, I gave them 2 Agapanthus - as promised - and Mum loved them! 

5. I re-organised the garden so it would grow and look better; even put in a pathway to the back fence so I can get to the rain water gauge easily.

6. Bought new plants to replace the old, tossed-out ones to fill in spots which now lay bare.

Yep, I did a lot of work for such a small area; and now, I've just bought some cheap potting mix for $2.95 a bag to throw on the lawn to level out my wonky lawn... how cool is that? I really do think I need another bag though. But, that's okay. I'll get that and work it out as this month progresses. Once I get the lawn growing again, the garden will look lovely, lush and green again just in time for Spring and Summer. 

I still want to put in large stepping stones in it, but that may have to wait until next year... I'm not sure yet. Until my next post, happy gardening!

No comments:

Post a Comment