Sunday 12 August 2018

Save A Little Money

Well, it's August, and I'm up to the stage where I can kick back and wait for the grass to grow - on a very literal standpoint. This is the part of the facelift I do enjoy in a garden - and I can't wait to get myself into a bigger garden so I have more to do; honestly, I get a little bored when it's cool enough to do more, and yet I don't have anything to actually do in the garden but wait. 

I have to wait for the lawn to establish itself enough so I can install the large stepping stones. This means I have to look into working on another project while I do. 

I've been planning on constructing a street sign reminiscent of the one from MASH - you know the one which was outside of 'The Swamp' with all the city and country names on the sign post? Well, yeah, that but I want one which will have all the made-up names from the books I've read; pointing in all the right directions (yep, even Neverland will be pointing upwards to the heavens - second star to the left - in the right direction). Seeing I'm a writer, and I do love my garden, it's only right for me to have part of my imagination in this garden. 

I've already put a book-style art piece in it; and it's worked out. I'm hoping to pop in more pieces of book-style art works around the place... now I just have to find a statue of a white rabbit to put next to the sign post and it'll really start to look like something out of a book! Until my next post, happy gardening!

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to have to work harder or get a smaller garden if I want to experience, being "a little bored when it's cool enough to do more, and yet I don't have anything to actually do in the garden but wait".

    Lucky you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man... not really. I'm out there in the early morning just looking for something to do - but finding nothing. I hate it, but it's true.

      Tomorrow, I'll be off to the cheap stores to look for that elusive white rabbit statue for the garden - it'll on for me to find it! I can't wait!

      Delete