Tuesday 31 July 2018

Plans For August and September

Now, I'm coming to the pointy end of my Little Garden Facelift and this has worked out so well! I've recycled pots and made the garden look great! New plants are starting to flourish, the backfilled ones are looking good and then the ones which have been upgraded into other pots have begun to take on a new lease on life too.

The greenhouse is going so well too! The tomatoes are growing fast and the herbs are looking and tasting wonderful! However, the possums have tried getting into it, very unsuccessfully I must say! 

Anyway, I've got to work on the lawn as the days become longer and warmer and Spring is about to show its lovely warm face to Australia. And seeing we haven't had much rain, but it's been cold, it'll be up to me to get in and water the lawn more as the weeks go by.

First though, I'll be looking into buying some good quality lawn seed, Feed'n'Weed and lawn food as well. Before any of that goes down, I'll have to spread out some potting mix (cheap stuff) to level out the surface of my lawn first and make it look the way I want it to. This will be the first thing I'll be doing next week - buying the $2.95 potting mix to put out on the the shallow parts of my lawn and then putting out the lawn seed. 

After that, I'll get in and get some 2nd-hand pavers and pave the garden bed and a bag of white stones. The white stones will be for the front garden (to cover up the roots of the trees out there and make it look better). And then, I'll get in and put in some lawn food over the lawn seed and water that in - otherwise that'll burn the seed. 

By the beginning of September, I'll hopefully have a nice level lawn and a pretty garden to walk out into for the rest of the year... and lawn should be nice and lush and strong for the hotter days to come. Then, once it's established, I might get in and lay larger pavers into the ground leading out to the greenhouse. Those pavers will be right at ground level so that when I mow, the blades won't be grazing the paver.

It sounds like a lot of work, but all the hard work is done. This is the easy part... the touching-up part of the garden. Well, let's hope it is. Until my next post, happy gardening!

No comments:

Post a Comment