Tuesday 14 August 2018

A Fantasy Writer's Land

Okay, you'll think I'm in the wrong blog, but I'm not. You see, I love to write books and I love to get into the garden and get my hands dirty too - and thus I thought to combine the two together!

So, while I'm kicking back and waiting out my lawn, my imagination started working overtime with my garden and how the fun part of it should look. 

Seeing it's a small garden, I thought it should be looking like a nice little garden - which looks and feels bigger than it really is. So, I'm hoping to find a wardrobe door to attach to my garden gate (I'll just screw it onto the hinged part and have enough room to lock it up, not a problem) and it'll be tall enough that nobody can see over it. That will be something fun and cool to look for; and I'll see what I can do with the colour of it - see if I can paint it a nice dark stain to make it look interesting.

Now, I've already put a duck in a cage to signify 'I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings' and after posting the photo of it on Facebook and asking what the book of the photo is on a book site, people jumped in and knew it immediately. Some gardeners weren't too sure - or didn't want to play along. Otherwise, I'm hoping to make my garden a place where there's lovely plants and a place of fun too.
I'm also going to make a tall street signpost with fantasy lands I've read about in books all over it - pointing in the right directions - like the one they had in MASH. It ought to be fun to make that one! 

I've bought a deep white bucket with a lid - one my Dad calls a 'painting bucket' - from Bunnings for $14.00 and have put the kitchen composting scraps into it after the kitchen bin is full and the liquid from that kitchen composting bin is used like Seasol on the lawn (diluted with water in a watering can)... it's all coming together! 

I really can't wait to get in and work out the cool things for my garden. I might even get a few seagulls for 'The Birds'... or even a raven, paint the eyes red and put him somewhere around the garden - he may yet freak out the possums at night. Well, until my next post, happy gardening!

No comments:

Post a Comment