Sunday 29 May 2016

Those Pesky Possums!

This morning, after not wanting to get out of my nice cosy bed and yet I finally did, I pulled back the curtain to my back door and found that my Frangipani had been uprooted by the possums around my area. Yep, they had swung on it and it couldn't take the weight! I did have a stake next to it, but it wasn't enough to keep it upright.

So, I rushed out there and fixed it up, filling up the pot more with potting mix to the very top, pushing it down hard so it was okay... but it still tipped.

I had to make this work better! So, I raced around to the sheds, found my gardening gloves and pushed the big, long gardening stakes I had next to the hot water heater into it the pot - around the plant itself - used 2 pairs of stockings I was going to take back to Big W as ties and stabilised it better. Now, it's a waiting game to see how it stands up to the possums again. I hope it goes well. I'm sure with the stakes in around it, it should work out well. 

Then, later this morning, after washing my car, I found that my Large Leaf Jade was preparing to flower this Winter! What a great surprise! After around five years, this plant has enough buds on it to flower more than it ever has! I'll put up photos of on Facebook and here as well. Until my next post, happy gardening. 

No comments:

Post a Comment