Thursday 2 June 2016

A Weekend of Rain

It's the first week of Winter here in Australia and today, as I came out of the cinemas with a friend to find it was pouring rain. I looked on the weather forecast and it said that we'll have rain today, tomorrow and all across the weekend - with some storms as well.

This is great news for the garden. 

I've done some work over the last few weeks in my garden - as you know - and it's all going to pay off over the next week or two as the Frangipani and other plants I've repotted recently settle into their new pots have the rain assist with their new living arrangements.

The Large Leaf Jade is starting to flower as well. This is a big thing seeing it doesn't flower all that often - and the last time it did, was around 5 years ago. I'm really looking forward to this; as there are more buds on the plant than there were last time.

The Small Leaf Jades out the front have done well since I last trimmed them and they've grown into their new shapes nicely. These plants aren't in pots, however, I planted them as cuttings into the ground around 12 years ago and they've really shot up and taken precedence over the front garden area of my townhouse. I'm really pleased at how they've thrived in such little soil as well. 

So, over this weekend, I don't have to do much, just plan for July - yep, four weeks away - get in and do some more gardening to prepare for Spring. That means saving up money, putting it all away and working on getting in and making sure the other plants that need repotting are done before the weather warms up again in Summer. Well, until my next post, happy gardening.

No comments:

Post a Comment