Sunday 1 May 2016

Rain

Today, it's raining. And there's times I love rain, and times I'm not too fond of it - okay, okay, I hate it. But then, the rain can be so beneficial for your garden - especially when you've been watering it by hand lately.

The water from the council isn't that great - seeing it's filled with chemicals and your plants need nitrogen and other things Humans really can't handle from Mother Nature; and a few things that we do need and the skies can't give us.

So, when it rains for a few days, getting all your potted plants (even the ones from inside your house) outside for those few dull days, is a good idea as they would benefit from the rain.

I have shade garden area which flourishes over the time it rains; and when it doesn't, well, the plants are hardy enough to go without water for a while and still grow on what they have. But I still water them once a week.

The rain is still lovely though for more than one reason: I just love the darn stuff. It makes my lawn green, cleans the dust from the air and cools our nights down... also the sound of rain on the roof at night is the most lovely noise around to help people sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment