Monday 10 September 2018

Decent Rain

Well, after a week of resting up my foot, and some decent rain, the garden is going really well.

I bought a box of grass seed - and this stuff has blue seeds inside it. Yates put out this seed with a coating on it to deter the birds and stop them from eating it! It doesn't poison them, it just tastes bad. And I've seen the birds try to eat the seed - they spit it out, looking at the ground as though to ask 'what the hell was that?' Funny though. I wondered how many times the company go it wrong before it only tasted bad; and really, I didn't want to know.

Well, the seed it taking off, and I've mowed it the larger area which is lush and green a few times - it's just a matter of the rest of it to catch up now. 

The greenhouse is really happening.

My Oregano is gorgeous is bushy, so is the Thyme; they look wonderful and are delicious! And the Black Cherry Tomato Vine has been clipped, so it can put all its energy into ripening the fruit its got. I'm looking forward to harvesting them all - but I'm wondering if I have to buy a new plant next year, or does it refruit? I'm going to have to find out when it all happens, I guess.

Well, I'm off to make a doctor's appointment. You see, I think I'm allergic to a bamboo mahl stick a fellow artist gave me today. First off, my hands began to bleed and I didn't think much of it... after wrapping it up in paper tape, I came home and showered to stop any other further allergic reaction I may have. However I'm starting to itch all over now - not a good sign. I really hope I'm not allergic to bamboo. Anyway, happy gardening. 

2 comments:

  1. About the Black Cherry tomato, you can take cuttings every two months or there abouts and have a continuous supply of tomatoes.
    You just need a tip cutting about 4 or 5 inches long. Bury about half of it into a 6 inch pot of potting mix and you should have a new tomato plant in 2 to 4 weeks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! Thank you so much! I was wondering if I could do that! :D I'll get in and buy some potting mix next week (when I have some money in the pocket) and do just that.

      Delete