Thursday 13 September 2018

New Additions

I've been really happy with my little garden and it's successful face lift. But I just can't seem to leave it alone from one day to the next.

I want to do more improvements to it.

And you know, I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not.

I've still got the pavers to put down to the fence, then, I've decided to put down some stones in front of the greenhouse door - as the grass just isn't growing there, so a stone pathway looks like the way to go with that, so I don't leave a dirt path in my way there. 

I've scored new plants and cuttings in recent days though. I visited a friend of mine not far from my place and she her and family had moved into their new place a few months ago - and I left them alone to let them settle in. Well, I arrived with a great ice coffee and food from a locally owned coffee place and we chatted. 
Then, she offered up cuttings off her succulent garden out the back! And Wow! There was so much to pick from! I came home with Fire Sticks, Bread and Butter cuttings, tiny jades, Baby Fingers... all kinds, and I love them all! I just don't have enough potting mix to put them in all the pots I have. But that's a task for next week! I also scored a staghorn - a lovely one - and it's now hanging up on the back fence along with other plants I have up there. 

I've also got the greenhouse filled with plants too! There's the two new plants I scored from Bunnings: The Sauce-Maker Tomato - which isn't the most attractive fruit around, but it makes incredible tomato sauce! And I also had to replace my Sweet Basil with Greek Basil; the difference being that the Sweet Basil dies off and the Greek Basil is a perennial; which I should have bought first off. 

Well, I got into the back yard this morning, mowed the longer lawn, got out the pitchfork and pushed holes into the patchier areas and then hosed it heavily to get it to grow thicker. Let's hope the rest of the lawn catched up with the first lot soon and looks great! Until my next post, happy gardening! 

No comments:

Post a Comment