Friday 20 July 2018

Been Busily Gardening

It's been a fortnight and the Little Garden Facelift has been chugging along really well. So far, I've installed a lovely little greenhouse to protect not only my most delicate of plants, but to get in and grow other plants too! 

Yep! I'm back into growing herbs and tomatoes again - isn't that great? I'm so pleased to be able to close it up in that afternoons and know nothing will get into it at night.

In the past two months, the large Sun-Loving Broms were removed and thrown out - and nope, not even my family wanted them, so I couldn't give them away. And then I had 2 pots which were useful to me as well. I potted up some lovely plants, repotted others into larger pots and tossed out ones which had lost their bloom and use around the place; reusing their pots for other plants which will be for the garden soon.

I bought a Camellia and a large pot for it, and recently planted that up for next Summer... it's looking great! I can't wait to see it in full bloom next Summer! And I'm planning on getting some pavers as well to put down, as I've made a pathway into the back of the yard to the fence... and because it'll get really muddy, I want to be able to make it a lovely little path through my garden. 

Last night, I pulled apart the solar light strings and pulled out the flat batteries for them and looked at what kind of batteries they were. You see, as the lights are okay, I'll just replace the batteries and get them charged up as the days become longer and the sun moves around. It'll look great again and light up my garden again for the next 6 months - and besides, the batteries only cost around $5.95 per pair. So, that's a saving for me in the longrun.

I still have a few things to get in and do for the garden. There's still a plant to put in, pots to put away and other things to clean up around the place. I want to add in some succulents for the frame next to the back door and re-do the stones in the front garden area (as they're not looking great and need refreshing) so the townhouse looks nice and clean for Summer. 
All of this will come in the next month; and by Spring, the gardens - front and back - will be all ready for the warmer month; and all I'll have to do is watch it grow and enjoy it all. Then, there's the lawn to care for too - as it hasn't gotten out of this without some damage. My yard gets no sun over Winter and so it's now a little muddy... and so I'll be getting in and working over it with some Feed'n'Weed and lawn food as well as September comes through.

So, there's what I've been up to over not only the past two months, but what's going to happen over the next two. Yeah, there's still some things to get into, and other maintenance to get into before Summer hits us again. Until my next post, keep gardening!

No comments:

Post a Comment