Saturday 8 June 2019

Budgeting

I've been budgeting for this month - and the next and I'm going pretty well. And I've found a great little nursery not far from my place which is far cheaper than Bunnings too! 

Well, I have a large bag of Brunnings Garden Soil - which for $7.95 is an absolute steal! And I'll be buying more bags of that for this next month of July. Then, I've recently bought a 'forever pot' for the Dracaena plant and have recycled the black stones from the rose pot I pulled from the front garden and put them in the bottom the new pot; in preparation for next month. 
The massive ants nest in the Dracaena plant is gone now - where I don't care, so long it's not there anymore! And this will make it far easier to get the plant out without being attacked by a nest of angry ants.

Then, I've been looking at bringing back birds to my garden; so have bought a bird house to attract at least one family into the garden. And in the past two weeks I've had a few birdies looking into living in it. Now, isn't that cute? I think so. And with the platter of water nearby, it's a real attraction too.

Now, the little nursery I've discovered is called Chadwick Nursery. It's about a 10 minute drive from my place and the plants are a quarter of the price they are at Bunnings and the pots are far, far cheaper than at Bunnings too! So, I ended up buying a pot there (a terra-cotta one) for $13.00 with a plate for $8.00 and it saved me about $10.00... now that's great. It's such a quiet place and it's got all kinds of soils, statues and every plant you'd ever want to have in your garden - and the place doesn't sell bamboo. They consider bamboo a weed, and they don't grow weeds. How cool is that? I could totally relax in the place due to my allergy to bamboo.

Well, that's what I've been doing with myself in the garden - besides feeding my plants just on Winter with dynamic lifter. Otherwise, life in the garden is well and truly slowing down with this cold snap happening around South East Queensland; and the snow at the border of New South Wales. Until my next post, happy gardening!

No comments:

Post a Comment