Saturday 10 August 2019

August

Well, Winter seems to not want to leave us just yet, and this has given me a good chance to get in and do what needs to get done around the yard that I forgot to do.

The Agapanthus have been taken from their original pots, separated and put into their new pots with Brunnings Garden Soil - and after a bit of rain, they are happy little plants. They're sitting up and enjoying the afternoon sun when it touches their leaves at around 2pm onwards.

My Lavender flowered early, and so I took the flowers off to encourage it to bush up more - and it's going really well. And the Verbena Ka-Pow is going very well too! The possums just don't like that plant very much - and I'm glad I'm getting flowers in the middle of the colder months now. 

The Tahitian Lime Tree has been getting some great growth on it lately. But the damned grasshoppers found those tender little leaves yesterday! So, today, early, I sprayed it with Yates 'Nature's Way Citrus and Ornamental Spray' to keep those little bastards at bay. I'll spray the plant again before the day is out; then do it again tomorrow morning. I have found 4 flowers on the tree this year - I may yet get limes on it by Summer. 

However, a damned cat has been crapping in the middle of my yard - and I mean right where I walk! So, I pick up the poops with a little shovel and throw them over the fence to show where he/she is allowed to poop. And today, I mixed up a strong bottle of vinegar and water and sprayed that everywhere - as I've heard cats hate that smell - and tied up a warped paling where that cat has been getting in with a strong length of wire. 

Well, everything is going so well right now. However, the greenhouse really needs a good going over... as my herbs aren't looking great. 

The goals I need to get set by October are:

* Solar garden lights - need not be expensive ones.
* New herbs for the green house.
* Lawn seed and 'Feed & Weed' to work the lawn up for Summer.

Yep, just those three things... and my garden will be ready for Summer. Like I said at beginning of the year, it's a maintenance year - and I really haven't spent a lot of money on the yard this year; which is great. So, how's your garden going? Until my next post, happy gardening!

No comments:

Post a Comment