Friday 12 October 2018

Rain and Storms

Finally, the rains have come and my lawn is growing! Last night, we had plenty of rain, and yesterday afternoon, we had a storm - the first of many I hope.

However, I heard that Kingaroy and Toowoomba had tornado warnings and were pelted with hail and huge destructive storms. How dreadful!

Those storms went around Logan City and most of us here in Brisbane, and all we got was some thunder and windy rain. Today and for the rest of the weekend and next week, we're supposed to get plenty of rain. So, this morning, I put out some lawn food onto my lawn for when it rains today. 

The temperatures have dropped markedly compared to yesterday - which was almost 30C - and I am just taking it easy with the garden. I've not mowed the new lawn until it gets over 5cm long... which will help it stay and grow nice and lush over Summer.

But otherwise one of my Agapanthus is pushing out a lovely flower stalk and the others have yet to get in and do that - but I'm patient, they'll catch up. The tomatoes are ripening on the black cherry tomato vine and the Sauce-Maker tomatoes are going well... but there's not many on there - only two lots of flowers came out and fruited. Well, that's okay for my first season - I'm still learning to grow them. 

Truthfully, I think I need a bigger greenhouse to grow bigger and more plants. Now, that'd be a great thing, right?

Anyway, now the rains are here, I've been leaving buckets out to collect rain for the green house so the tomatoes and herbs get a feed of Mother Nature like my garden does. 

No comments:

Post a Comment