Friday 3 April 2020

Gardening Update

I've been very busy in the little garden of my townhouse - busier than I normally would be at this time of year. Usually, I do all my work in Winter, when all my plants have gone dormant, and have gone to 'sleep'. But with this Coronavirus around, I've been working my butt off to get my garden ready for a lock down - one where I can't leave my house.

Or one where I'm not allowed to go out very often.

I'm not leaving my place often anyway, but that's just a preparation for not being able to leave at all.

Well, I've been dropping tomato seeds into pots, and they're growing well. And birds are eating the growths. So, I've had to put plastic bags over the top to protect them and make them grow better - even in the green house. 
I've  got a butterfly chrysalis and it's just lost its translucency and turned a dark green colour. I've never watched this transformation before - it's so fascinating! 

Now, I've got my herbs growing again and it's going really well. I'm hoping to repot my spinach, but I'm kinda worried that if I do, it'll die off. So, I'm leaving it alone for now. 

I think I've said in a prior post that I've frozen some of my veggies and I'm hoping to do more freezing when the time comes around. 

So, what are you up to in your garden? I did score a second lime tree and some good pots to repot the Tahitian Lime - which went well - and I potted up the 3 feet of small leaf jade I found that my neighbour cut off out of the front garden of my town house. It's going really well so far too. 
And I have a new addition to the garden in the way of a bargain buy from Bunnings: a $10 Frangipani! What a little beauty it is too! It was getting too big for the pot and I potted up into a bigger one and now it's happy and starting to lose its leaves - can't wait until next year when it'll get lovely white flowers with pink tips. Well, until next time, happy gardening.  

No comments:

Post a Comment