Wednesday 18 December 2019

Cooler Days... Let's Hope!

Well, after the dreadful heatwave last week, and over the weekend of Australia reaching over 40C, we're all breathing a sigh of relief to have a few days of under 30C.

But I know it's not going to be very long until it heads towards that dreadful heat again.

Well, while I was on holidays at the coast, I had some neighbours care for my garden, and they did a great job! I finally have new lawn coming through - finally! And now, all I have to do is keep the damned cat from a few doors down away from it - from crapping all over it!

And this where Cayenne Peppers come into play. A good friend of mine told me about this need little trick to play on cats. You see you sprinkle this piping hot peppers where you don't want a cat, and they come over and burn their feet, butt and nose and never come back. I know, I know, you're gonna say: 'But this mean!' However, a cat's pee and poop destroys your lawn and kills your plants.

So, this is my last resort in keeping them out. I tried 'Scat' and I tried vinegar and water in a spray bottle. Neither of those worked. So, the Cayenne Peppers is going to work this time around. It's a spice, it's non-toxic and birds won't go near it - they can smell it's too hot for them.

Also, my garden is going so well! The Hydrangea is almost ready for planting into its new pot, but I think it's best to put it over at the back fence, instead of the side fence - seeing the leaves are getting burnt already. 
I have so many herbs, I don't know what to do about them all! And the Agapanthus are thriving! However, I don't have any flowers on any of my Franigpanis... now that's curious... and weird. 

Well, until my next post - which may well be in the New Year - I hope you have a wonderful Christmas and Happy New Year. Take care and I hope you get into your garden, no matter how dry it gets here in Australia. 

No comments:

Post a Comment