Friday 17 July 2020

Major Ripping Out of Plants!

Well, things have changed since I last came in there! Woah!

Okay... no more fonts I like to pick from, the colours are probably going to be really, really basic too. I'll see.

Anyway, this week, I've been eying off a delicious, new green house at Bunnings - but it's a very expensive one as well! Yep, my old green house is falling apart and I've been patiently waiting for the next government Covid-19 payment to get it... and today, I checked my balances and - OMG! - it came in!So, next week, I'm getting my butt to the bank and moving some serious dough to order it in. You see, the really expensive greenhouses at Bunnings are Special Order items and they take a month to come in. I don't mind, it'll give me time to get my butt into gear to buy more pavers, move some plants and get in and work on the rest of the yard to move everything around. 

So, what have you been up to lately with your gardens? 

Over the past weekend, I ripped out plants - as my title says - and threw three away. My two limes were dead, no thanks to wasps laying their lavae in the branches and it being too late for me to do anything about it! And my Ficus? Well, that bastard of a plant really made itself at home running roots in 3 different directions for 1.5 metres and wrapping its main root ball around the paver I had put underneath it. 

I did repot some plants around the place. 

I repotted Little Miss Stevie's memorial plant in one of the Lime Tree's pots and it's looking happier less than a week later. The Fiddle Leaf Plant is now outside in a larger pot and next to the front door, where it's totally enjoying the sunlight, the rain, the warmth off the wall behind it... yep, it's just happy as hell! And it's stopped dropping leaves too.

The little weird indoor plant I bought from Coles, which I don't know the name of was put into the little brown pot which the Fiddle Leaf Plant started its life in... and it's happy too now. I'm pleased to say all the plants in my house and garden are looking great.Well, that's except the ones upstairs in the bathroom and the terrarium in my master bedroom - but that another post for another day. Until my next post, happy gardening! 

No comments:

Post a Comment