Friday 18 October 2019

Yesterday

Yesterday, I went out to Bunnings and scored myself a bag of potting mix for the Tahitian Lime Tree, a bag of 'Snow White' stones for the front garden, some Command Hooks for the home office and a box of Munns blue lawn seed to put out on the lawn.

Yesterday, I got everything unloaded from the car, and sorted out before the stinking heat hit us... and that included putting the stones into the front garden.

Also yesterday, we were hit by a huge storm here in Brisbane, and it was a right hum-dinger! It wasn't the first one for the season, but it gave us some much-needed rain! I'm thankful I didn't put out the lawn seed, it would have been washed away!
But the storm was a great light show, with thunder and lightning playing the game of give and take as it normally does. Wind howled around the place, and rain poured from the darkened clouds!

Today, though I put out the lawn seed - which is blue to stop the birds from eating it. It's got a coating on it so when the birds eat it, it tastes bitter and they spit it out. It's not poisonous and it'll stay where it's supposed to (in my yard and not in a bird's stomach) and I'll have a good lot of lawn this year. 

So, how's your garden going? All good? I hope so!

No comments:

Post a Comment