Sunday 29 October 2017

Damned Termites!

It's been a while since my last post and so I thought to update you all about what's been going on.

We had the pest control people out looking around the complex - they were checking for termites around everyone's houses. 

You see, years ago, one of the chair-people got a couple of termite infested trees chopped and chipped and - instead of getting them to haul it off to the dump and burned - they dumped it next to my place! Well, she told everyone here to use it in their gardens as free chip and the whole place would look great!

I didn't use it knowing it would destroy my house.

A few of the townhouses had to be fixed up and worked on because they fell for that trick. And the landlords were put out pocket for a lot of money. My Dad was so peeved about it because not only did the termites in those piles of chip destroy some of the townhouses around here, but they also destroyed the already dilapidated boundary fence faster than it would have fallen apart on its own.

So, we had to have termite inspections a few years ahead of time - because the protection on these places lasted around 25 years - due to this person's stupid decision.

Okay, back to what I was saying:

The guys came into my place. They looked around, tapped everything, went into the ceiling and walked around the backyard... but they found termites coming from my back fence.

This means it's not my fault; but my neighbour's fault. They had put down astroturf and forced the damned things into my direction! 

Today, Dad came over and treated the whole place for termites. I have a passionate hatred for those little wriggly white buggers... they eat everything, get through your house and destroy your garden! And if your neighbours are big enough idiots, they do something really stupid like put down fake grass and push them into your direction. 

I really can't wait to move into a place of my own where I can look after my own place... I'm not that close to another person's property and I can have a nice garden, lovely lawn and know where everything is. Yes, it'll be more work, but I like it that way. Until my next post, happy gardening.

No comments:

Post a Comment